When I started this blog, I was just seeking a creative outlet to pour in my passion for food and document my experiments in the kitchen. Then I discovered a whole entire food community, with lovely like-minded people, who share with me a voracious love for all things food-related and have given me so much support and advice.
So when I received these Blogger Awards from my dear foodie friends, I was astonished and flattered beyond words. I received the first award from Simply Life about a month ago (sorry, I’m so behind!). Gina is one of the most diligent bloggers I know. I look forward to reading her daily postings of healthy, delicious comfort dishes. I get so many ideas and inspiration from her ingredients. So now, I’m passing this on to 10 other bloggers with lovely blogs
- Nicole @ Making Good Choices – A fitness-ista with great recipes that are well-ness focused
- Karine @ Food Gourmand – A converted cook who could not tear herself away from the kitchen once she discovered the pleasure of creating meals
- Taste Hong Kong – A blog filled with beautiful mouth-watering Asian dishes
- Lori Lynn @ Taste With the Eyes – Photos so mouth-watering, you’ll want to lick your computer screen!
- Mary @ Foodo Del Mundo – Also another blog with delicious photos, and someone who is always there to give me advice as I’m a newbie exploring this blogosphere
- Tasty Trix – One of the most witty blog writers – reading her posts always gives me a good belly laugh
- Little Chef and I – Along with her little chef, she creates delectable dishes complete with step by step photo instructions
- Debi @ Debi Shawcross Table Talk – The hostess with the mostest. Everything you need to know on how to beautifully entertain
- Rouxbe – If you are a visual learner, her cooking videos are absolutely unrivaled
- Terry and Reiko @ Culinary Tribune – Where I visit to learn about everything Japanese Cuisine related
A few days ago, I also received a Kreativ Blogger Award from the wonderful couple at Vegetable Matter. They cook these amazing meals with the most exotic vegetables grown out of their magical garden. Each time I see one of their lush, juicy ingredients taken straight out of their backyard, I am just green with envy! The rules of this award is to confess 7 things people might not know about me, and pass on to 7 bloggers. First the confessions:
- Up until 2 years ago, before I started taking cooking seriously, I used to cook with Prego. I know, embarrassing, but true.
- I am terrified of pigeons! Something about their red beady eyes and erratic flapping scares the living daylights out of me. I will seriously give them the right of way when encountering them on the street.
- On that same note, I became a vegetarian after I read and watched Hitchcock’s “The Birds” in Freshman English class, and dreamt that night about chickens attacking me. That was the last time I ate chicken nuggets or any meat.
- As a child, I thought avocados and eggplants were mushy and bland, but now they’re 2 of my favorite things.
- My guilty TV pleasure is Gossip Girl. I have a group of girlfriends whom I watch this with religiously to the point that our boyfriends have taken to referring to us as the “gossip girls”. When they filmed 3 buildings away from my apt last Friday, I gave up all shred of dignity as I shrieked “Chase Crawford”!
- Even though I speak and think in English, I apparently sleep-talk in Chinese from time to time.
- The best way to get on my bad side is to call and wake me up before noon on a weekend.
Now, the passing of the baton – 7 Kreative Bloggers -
- Alta @ Tasty Eats At Home – Delicious comfort food, all gluten free, but so tasty you wouldn’t even suspect
- Elizabeth @ Guilty Kitchen – The best of both words – Healthy guiltless entrees followed by decadent guilty desserts
- Mr and Mrs Bear @ Bears Kitchen – The largest, most eclectic collection of recipes from countries I haven’t even heard of
- Big Girls Small Kitchen – This should be every post-college grad’s bible to cooking
- The Ungourmet – Simple yet delicious meals
- Tania @ Dulcis In Furno – Inspiring recipes, amazing photos. I draw so much inspiration from her
- Five Star Foodie – Yummy foodie dishes beautifully presented
There are so many great bloggers and I wish I could’ve given out more! I tried to pass on to those who haven’t already received the same awards, so if I didn’t pass it on to you, it wasn’t because I didn’t want to, but because you’re already too in demand!